On this site they we are managing our Groups primarily via Uncanny Owl’s Uncanny LearnDash Groups plugin. The Groups plugin offers the Group Management page where you can manage who is in each group, add group users and group leaders, and grade essays and assignments.
In February 2019 Uncanny released Groups 3.0 and gave a new way to grade individual essays, but not many on one page. Jeff@ArchetypeLearning.com has created a custom system for this site to show all the certification test questions on one page, with a field for essay question feedback from the instructor.
How do I sign up students for a group?
Here’s a quick run through of the steps:
1. Set up a group, including assign a course to the group. Remember to save the page.
2. From that same admin page, click “View Group”.
3. Copy the registration URL given.
4. Give that URL to the client to distribute to their users.
….and here are those steps in more detail:
- Create a new LearnDash group:
Note: On the groups Admin page, you need to set the number of seats available to the group, and assign at least one group leader (Important: either you need to be added as the only group leader, or it should be you AND someone from that company/organization. You need to be a group leader to be able to view Group Management pages).
Remember to SAVE the new group.
2. From that same admin page, click “View Group” (You must be logged in as admin to see the registration URL on this page).
3. Find the group registration link for that new group and copy it. Then pass that link on to the Group Leader via email.
4. Anyone going to the Group page who is NOT logged in will see a registration form and can sign themselves up into the group.
How do I set the dates for a group’s drip feed of the course?
2. Once you are in the editor, scroll to the place that says, “LearnDash Group.” It will give you a list of all groups, then select the group you are working on.
3. Once you’ve selected your group, you are ready to set the date and exact time to make the first lesson visible.
4. Make sure you save the changes by clicking “Update” from the right hand side bar
The UO Groups plugin provides the three items in the Group Leader menu: Group Management, Group Management Report, and Group Quiz Report. (We are not using LearnDash quizzes so the Group Quiz Report is not very useful currently.)
– Group Courses shows courses available to the currently selected group.
– manage Enrolled Users for the selected course. Each button offers different functionality regarding Enrolled Users for the selected group.
– manage Group Leaders for the selected course
This page can only be used by organizations with a valid group ID. The URL used to reach this page is not valid. Please contact your organization to obtain the correct registration URL.
Report functionality for Groups